Name Ugwueje, Ebere Augustine
Rank- Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization-Demography
Date of birth- 10th October, 1963
Academic Qualification-B.Sc Sociology, M.Sc Sociology, Ph.D Sociology (Population Studies)
- Lead Researcher in collaboration with TETFUND 2016 Institution Based Research(IBR). Titled Prospects of using Community-Directed Intervention Strategy to stem the Fulani Herdsmen and Farmers Crisis: A Study of Southeast , Nigeria.
- Poverty Mapping of Abia State 2006 in Collaboration with United Nations Development Project (UNDP).
- Baseline Survey for Abia State Agency for Community and Social Development Projects in collaboration with World Bank, 2011.
- Formative Research on” Gender and Socio-Cultural Factors influencing Reproductive Health Behaviour in Nigeria” in collaboration with UNFPA, 2000.
- Basic Support for Institutionalized Child Survival Project in Aba, Abia State in collaboration BASICS- Nigeria sponsored by USAID.
- Water for voice: empowering low Literate Abia women in collaboration with European Union (EU),2011
Membership of Professional Bodies- Member, Nigeria Anthropological and Sociological Association (NASA), Member, Population Association of Nigeria (PAN), Fellow, Centre for African America Research Studies (CAARS).
Current Research Interests – Epidemiology of Emerging Diseases; Social Issues/Social Problems and Emerging Concerns in the world: impacts and their severity; “Second Demographic Transition”; Looking at the set of changes in sexual behavior, contraceptive behavior, living arrangements, marriage, fertility, and employment that results in:
−Delays in fertility and marriage
−Increases in cohabitation, divorce, and non marital childbearing
−Increases in the employment of mothers, particularly the mothers of very young children (i.e., under age 3); Orphans and vulnerable Children, Teenage Parenthood, Changing Trends in Adult mortality.
Ugwueje, E. A (2000). IBEKU: A search for consensus and cooperation: An ethnographic insight, Kab Publicity, Umuahia, Nigeria..
Ugwueje, E.A (2013). This is my Story, Flower Press, Montreal Canada.
Ugwueje, E.A& Ikoroh, I. C(2015). Spread the News and Not the Virus , Adkonzult Production, Enugu, Nigeria.
Ugwueje,E.A,& Don,C.M (2012). A Discourse on Conceptual Issues in Humanitarian Intervention in Aja Akpuru-Aja, C.O Ndifon, & N.O Nwaodu, Law ,Conflict and Human Rights in Africa, Centre for Human Capacity Development in Sub Saharan, CCHCDSS, Garki11 Abuja, Nigeria, pp. 39-65
Ugwueje, E. A (2010). Evolution of Census Taking in Nigeria: A review of The 2006 Population and Housing Census, Abia Journal of Population Studies Vol. I, Okigwe: Ferp – Fasmen.
Ugwueje, E.A (2011). Behavioural and Socio-cultural factors affecting Survival chances of Children Under five years of age in Ngeria, ABSU Journal of Sociology.
Ugwueje E.A (2012). Cultural Environment, Health seeking Behaviour and Survival chances of Children under five in Southeast Nigeria, International Journal of Development and Management Review, Vol.7 No.1 ,PP.16-21, Owerri ,Nigeria.
Ugwueje,E.A(2014). Gender Equality Mainstreaming: Implications for Poverty Reduction and Sustainable Development in Abia state, Nigeria, International Journal of Development and Management Review, Owerri, Nigeria.
Ugwueje,E.A(2015).Women Autonomy And Reproductive Behaviour In A Changing Nigerian Society, Sub Saharan African Journal of Development and Administration; journal of Centre for Human Capital Development ,Abuja, Nigeria.