Name: CHISOM SAMPSON EGEDEUZU
Personal and Academic qualifications
Chisom Sampson Egedeuzu is an Applied Chemist.
He graduated from the prestigious Abia State University, Uturu, Nigeria with a Bachelor’s degree 2nd Class Upper.
He also has a Master’s degree from Abia State University, Uturu.
He is currently pursuing a PhD in Applied Chemistry in the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland under the TETFUND sponsorship grant. He is working on Redox flow batteries and their efficiencies.
Area of Research: Applied Chemistry
Professional affiliations: Member, Chemical Society of Nigeria (MCSN).
Administrative experience: Deputy Examinations Coordinator, Department of Pure and Industrial Chemistry, ABSU.
Personal interests: Research studies, football, tennis, and chess.
Publications and research experience
- Ogbonna, C. E.; Enete, I. C.; Egedeuzu, C. S.; and Ogbochi, E. F. (2013). Heavy metal concentration in leaves of roadside trees in Umuahia urban, Nigeria. Journal of Resources and Environment, 3(5): 141-144.
- Eze, S. O.; Ukaogo, P. O.; Obike, A. I.; Egedeuzu, C. S.; and Osuocha, K. U. (2014). Heavy metals contamination in Amaogwugwu river from the headstream to the downstream in Ohuhu Umuahia, Abia State, Nigeria.Journal of Natural Sciences Research, 4(14): 6-10.
- Egedeuzu, C. S.; Nnorom, I. C.; and Anucha, C. O. (2014). Synthetic pathways for the production of bioethanol from non petroleum sources. Journal of International Business and Economic Research, 1(2): 22-34.
Published Conference proceedings:
- Egedeuzu, C. S. and Nnorom, I. C. (2014). Determination of total petroleum hydrocarbon, Fe,Zn, and Pb in soils, plants and groundwater in crude oil polluted sites in Owaza, Niger Delta, Nigeria. Proceedings of the 37th Annual International Conference, Workshop and Exhibition of the Chemical Society of Nigeria. 7th -12th September, 2014, Ibom hall, IBB way, Uyo, AkwaIbom State, Nigeria.
- Egedeuzu, C. S.; Nnorom, I. C. and Anucha, C. O. (2013). Synthetic pathways for the production of bioethanol from non petroleum sources. Proceedings of the 2nd Annual International Conference, Workshop and Exhibition of Educational Consultants International Institute. 5th October, 2013, Hanover, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Chemical Society of Nigeria Anambra State Chapter, Annual Conference, Workshop and Exhibition, Federal College of Education (Technical), Umunze, Anambra State, Nigeria (November, 2015)
- Chemical Society of Nigeria Annual International Conference, Workshop and Exhibition, Abuja I nternational Conference Center, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria (September, 2015)
- Digital Bridge Institute, Advanced Digital Appreciation Programme for Tertiary Institutions (ADAPTI) Training, Abia State University, Abia State, Nigeria (July, 2015)
- Chemical Society of Nigeria Annual International Conference, Workshop and Exhibition, Uyo, AkwaIbom State, Nigeria (September, 2014).
- Educational Consultants Institute International Research Conference, Hanover,Maryland, U.S.A. (October, 2013).