Other Names: Candido Okezie
Date of Birth: 7th February, 1962
Home Address: 8 Ahuama St. Off 51B Cemetery Road, Aba
Place of Birth: Eziukwu-Aba
Home Town: Aba
Local Government Area: Aba South Local Government Area
State of Origin: Abia
Ethnic Group: Igbo
Marital Status: Married
Next of Kin: Mrs. Chinenye Uchenna Ahuama
Contact Address: Department of Optometry
Abia State University, Uturu
Phone: 08037642416, 08055927969
PRIMARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION
Primary: St. John’s Nursery School, Aba 1966-1968
Empire Victory School, Aba 1970-1972
Old Court Primary School, Aba 1973
St. Eugene’s Primary School, Eziukwu Aba 1973-1974
Secondary: Eziama High School, Aba 1974-1979
Tertiary Education: Abia State University, Uturu 1985-1991
Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree 1991
Master of Science (M.Sc) Medical Microbiology 2005
Fellow Nigerian College of Optometrists (Fnco) 2006
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Medical Microbiology 2015
Laboratory Technical Assistant, Lever Brothers Plc, Aba 1980-1985
Guinness Eye Hospital, ABUTH, Kaduna, NYSC 1991-1992
Chris Eye Clinic & Optical Services, Zaria 1992
Ideal Eye clinic, Surulere Lagos 1993-1994
Lecturer/senior Clinic Supervisor, Department of Optometry
Abia State University, Uturu 1995-1998
Lecturer/Director of Optometry Clinics 1999-2005
Senior lecturer/Senior Clinic Supervisor 2005-2009
Honourable Commissioner for Health,
Abia State Government of Nigeria 2009-2010
Senior Lecturer/Senior Clinic Supervisor 2010-2011
Associate Professor/Senior Clinic Supervisor 2011-2014
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS:
Nigerian optometric Association (NOA)
Association of Nigerian Optometric Educators (ANOE)
African Association of Optometric Educators (AAOE)
International Association of Contact Lens Educators (IACLE)
Microbiology Society of Nigeria
Nigeria Institute of Biomedical Engineering (NIBE)
American Academy of Optometry (AAO)
- International Conference of the African Council of Optometry (AFCO), Lagos (2006)
- Nigerian Optometric Association (NOA) Scientific Conference, Owerri (2010)
- Nigerian Optometric Association (NOA) Scientific Conference, Lagos (2012)
- Nigerian Optometric Association (NOA) Scientific Conference, Umuahia (2013)
- Nigerian Optometric Association (NOA) Scientific Conference, Asaba (2014)
- 8th Annual Conference and Lectures of Nigerian College of Optometrists Owerri (2015)
- Ahuama; O.C. (2005) Socio-economic implication of Trachoma. Scientific Conference of Nigerian Optometric Association held at Enugu, Nigeria.
- Ahuama; O.C. (2007) Low Vision Management in Nigeria. Scientific Conference of Nigerian Optometric Association held at Uyo, Nigeria.
- Ahuama; O.C. (2009) Cell molecular event of the aging eye. Scientific Conference of Nigerian Optometric Association held at Abeokuta, Nigeria.
- Okorie M.E., Ezenwah E.C, Ahuama O.C. (2013) Biochemical Mechanism of systemic drug-induce refractive changes. Scientific Conference of Nigerian Optometric Association held at Umuahia, Nigeria
- Optics – Opthalmic and Dispensing (2011)
- Low Vision – Diagnosis and Rehabilitation (2014)
- Optometric Clinical Procedures (2014)
- Diseases of Civilization – The Present Public Health Burden in Developing Countries (2010). EBW publications, Umuahia.
- VIVA in Optometry (2015)
EDU EDY Integrated Services Limited, Owerri.
- Work Habits and Work Ethics – Counseling Centre, Abia State University, Uturu (2007)
- Low Vision Management (2008) Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Executive Healthcare Strategic Management Programme (2010) Abuja, Nigeria.
Grand Defender of Justice (GDJ) (2001)
Knight of St. Christopher (KSC) (2002)
Vocational Services Award by Rotary Club of Umuahia (2010)
Diocese of Aba
Church of Nigeria
HOBBIES: Intellectual Discourse, Science, Literature, Classical Music.
- Ahuama; O.C. Ikonne E.U. (1997) Comparative Study of methods of determing reading Add the various stages of presbyopia. Journal of the Nigerian Optometric Association Vol. 8, No 2, pg 22 – 28.
- Ahuama; O.C. (1999) Uveatic glaucoma: clinical report. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences Vol. 1, No. 1, pg 29-32.
- Ahuama; O.C. (2000) Critical overview of Trado-Medical Eye Care. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences Vol. 2 No. 1, pg 28-33.
- Ahuama; O.C. (2001) Blindness Secondary to Facial Fracture. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences Vol. 3 No. 1, pg 43-45
- Ahuama; O.C., (2000) Ocular anomalies and driving eligibility. Journal of Board of Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians Nigeria. Vol. 2 No. 1. pg 1-6.
- Ahuama; O.C. Elendu U.B. (2002) Nutritional retinopathy amongst prison inmates. Journal of Health ad Visual Sciences Vol. 4, No.1, pg 5-10.
- Ahuama; O.C. Atowa U.C. (2004) Distribution of refractive errors amongst school children in Abia State Nigeria. Journal of Nigerian Optometric Association Vol.11, pg 30-33.
- Ahuama; O.C. Emereole G.C. (2005) The Influence of Climatic and Socioeconomic factors in the occurrence of allergic conjunctivitis amongst primary school pupils in Owerri Urban Nigeria. Journal of Nigerian Optometric Association. Vol. 12, pg 23-27.
- Ahuama; O.C. (2005) The Prevalence of keratomalacia amongst school children in Isuikwuato Abia State Nigeria. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences. Vol. 7, No. 1, pg 21-24.
10 Ahuama; O.C. (2005) Comparative study of the prevalence Myopia amongst school adolescents in Abia State Nigeria. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences Vol. 7, pg 13-20
11 Ahuama; O.C. (2006) Oculovisual problems in Alayi Community of Abia State Nigeria. Journal of Nigerian Optometric Association Vol. 13, pg 56-62.
12 Ahuama; O.C. Duru A.A. (2006) Ocular Hazards in Aluminum industry. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences. Vol. 8, No. 2, pg 87-89
13 Odor C. Ogbulie J.N., Ahuama: O.C. (2007) Qualitative Analysis of pollutant of Nwaorie River in Owerri Metropolis of Imo State Nigeria. Journal of health and Visual Science Vol. 9 No 1. pg 15-18.
- Ahuama; O.C. Okoye 1. (2008) Prevalence of low vision secondary to eye injuries in South Eastern Nigeria. Journal of Health and Visual Science. Vol. 10, No. 3.pg 25-29.
- Ahuama; O.C. (2008) Age related macular Degeneration: A case report. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences. Vol. No 3,pg 3 7-40.
- Ahuama; O.C. (2008) A Survey of Oculovisual Problems in rural communities of Abia and Imo States of Nigeria. The Optometric Educator Vol. 3. Ko.1, Pg 18-20.
- Ahuama; O.C. Ugbogu O.C., Atusiuba S and Okorie I.E. (2010) Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) amongst students and susceptibility of MRSA to Garcina Kola Extracts. Nigeria Journal of Microbiology. Vol. 24, No. 1, pg 2043-2047.
- Afonne J.C., Ahuama; O.C. Chukwudebe (2011) The Effect of Lignocaine on lateral phoria of young adults. Journal of Health and visual Sciences Vol. 13 No. 1, Pg 5-7.
- Ahuama; O.C. Awazie T, Ezenwah; E.C (2012) Major Causes of low vision and Blindness in Abia State, Nigeria. Blindness and low vision Journal Vol. I Pg. 40-43.
- Uzodike; EB, Amaechi; O.U Timothy; CO, Ahuama O.C (2012) Prevalence of Albinism in Primary School Pupils in Abia State. Blindness and Low Vision Journal Vol. I pg. 37.39.
- Asonye C.C. Ahuama O.C. Livinus M, Akpalaba RU, Agu GC, Engwa G.A (2012) Effects of Sodium Laurl Sulfate (SLS) on the External Adnexia of the Rabbit eye.
- Ahuama; O.C. Emele F.C (2012), Ocular hazards in ophthalmic dispensing industry in South East Nigeria. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences Vol. 14(1)11-15.
- Ugbogu O.C, Akinsade A.K, Nwokocha K.O, Ahuama O.C. (2012) Plasmid profile of methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus isolates from university students Nig. J. of Microbiol Vol 25, pg 2363-2368
- Ahuama; O.C. (2013) Gonorrheal Conjunctivitis: A Case report. Journal of the Nigerian Optometric Association Vol. 18 No. I pg. 21-23.
- Ahuama; O.C. Nwabughogu, I.U Nwala, O.R (2013). The causes of Blindness Amongst inmates of rehabilitation centres for the Blind in Southeastern Nigeria. Journal of the Nigerian optometric. Association Vol. 18 No. I Pg. 29-32.
- Ahuama; O.C. Nwala, O.R (2013) Major causes of preventable blindness among the aged in Enugu East LGA, Enugu State, Nigeria. Blindness and low vision journal Vol. 2 pg. 49-52.
- Okorie M.E., Esenwah E.C, Ahuama O.C. Nweke I.N. Okoro N.C llodigwe E.E (2013) Biochemical Mechanism of systemic Drug-induced refractive changes. Int’l Journal of Environmental Health & Human development Vol. 14(2) Pg
- Ahuama; O.C. Ezinne N. (2013) A comparative analysis on the antimicrobial effect of Gentamicin and Moringa Oleifera on Staphylocouus Aureus. Int’l J. of AEST. Vol. 13 No. 1, p. 452
- Onu N.U, Ahuama O.C. Timothy C.O., Amaechi O.U. and Nwala O.R. (2014) A survey of refractive status of Abia State University students, Abia State Nigeria. Journal of Nigerian Optometric Association Vol. 19 No. 1 pg 49-52.
- Ahuama; O.C. Nwala O.R., Opara O.S (2014) major causes of blindness in Imo State, Nigeria. Blindness and low Vision Journal Vol. 3 pg 43-45.
- Ahuama; O.C., Nwala O.R., Ejike U.E. (2014) A hospital-based study of glaucoma cases in Abia State. Blindness and low Vision Journal Vol. 3 pg 69-72.
- Ahuama; O.C., Okonkwo C.E. (2014) Prevalence of kerato conjunctivitis sicca among adults in Abia State University, Uturu, Nigeria. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences Vol. 16 pg 57-60.
- Ahuama; O.C. (2014) Solar Cataract: A Clinical Report. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences Vol. 16 pg 40-42.
- Nwala O.R, Oparaocha E.T, Ahuama O.C. Azuamah Y.C (2014)The Revolutional use of electronic gadgets in Nigeria: the public Health implications. International journal of Research Vol. 1, No 11, pg 136-156
- Nwala O.R, Ahuama O.C., Ikoro N.C, Azuamah Y.C (2014) Effect of loratadine on the lateral phoria of Young Hyperopes. International Journal of Research Vol. 1 No 10, Pg 591-598
- Ahuama; O.C. Nwala O.R, Azuamah Y.C Ohiri M.O, Igwebuike A.C. (2014); Impact of Olular stress on Axial length of the eye among Young Adults. International Journal of research Vol. 1, No 11 Pg. 1256-1262
- Nwala O.R, Ahuama O.C. Ikoro N.C. Azuamah Y.C, Ohiri M.O; Anene C. (2014) Ocular injuries among welders in Rural Community in Nigeria. International Journal of Research Vol. 1, No 11, Pg 1246-1255
- Okorie M.E, Nwake I.N, Ahuama O.C, Azuamah Y.C Unekwe P.C (2015); Refractive power and blood glucose changes: studies in Alloxan-induced and insulin treated diabetic rabbits. International Journal of research Vol 2. No Pg. 728-736
- Esemwah E.C., Ojogbena G.E, Azuamah Y.C. Ezinne N, Ikoro N.C. Daniel-Nwosu E.M, Ahuama O.C, Kio F. (2015) Common pathogenic organisms found in external eye infections among residents of Abuja, Nigeria. International Journal of Research Vol. 2 No 30, Pg 697-703
- Ahuama O.C., Akubuokwu E.H, Nwala O.R, Ohiri M.D. (2015) Effect of black tea on some visual functions of young adults. International Journal of Research Vol. 2, No. 4, Pg. 1032-1037
- Nwala O.R, Oparaocha E.T, Ahuama O.C., Azuamah Y.C., Ohiri M.O (2015) Correlation of Pterygium among Timber workers in Owerri with some Socio-demographic factors and use of protective eye wear. International Journal of Research Volume 2, No. 4 Pg. 1078-1090
- Nwala OR, Ahuama O.C., Ohiri M.O. Azuamah Y.C., Onu N.U. (2015) Distribution of Presbypia among civil servants in Aba South L.G.A., Abia State. the Optometric educator Vol. 5 No.1 pg. 8-13.
- Nwala OR, Ahuama O.C., Ohiri M.O. and Azuamah Y.C. (2015) effect of Glucose on the amplitude of accommodation of normoglycemic emmetropes. The optometric educator Vol. 5 No. 1 Pg. 50-54
- Ahuama, O.C., Onyeagba R.A, Nwaugo, V.C (2015) Impact of Human Activities on Physicochemical and Microbial characteristics of Nkissa River in egbema Rivers State. IRJSET Journal of Medicine and Applied Basic Sciences 2(2): 87-97.