NAME: Dr.ONU Nnenne Uwa
ADDRESS: FLAT 12, 27-31 Anson Road, M14 5BZ
RANK: LECTURER II
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Public Health in Eye Care
- Investigative Ophthalmology and Vision Science
- Sc, 2016, University of Manchester
- Sc (Public Health for Eye Care), 2015, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.), 2009, Abia State University Uturu, Nigeria
- Best Graduating Student (Optometrist) July 2010
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Human Resources for Eye Care
- Age Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD)
- Use of Tablets in Monitoring Progression of Diseases especially ARMD
- Refractive Error in the Young
- Onu, N.U., Ahuama, O.C., Timothy, C.O., Amaechi, O.U. & Nwala, O.R. (2014). A survey of refractive status of Abia State University students, Abia State, Nigeria. Journal of the Nigerian Optometric Association, 19(1),49-52.
- Timothy, C.O., Nwankwo, A.A., Onu, N.U., Dikeocha, O.C. & Amaechi, O.U. (2014). Distribution of refractive status of secondary school students according to ABO blood groups. Journal of the Nigerian Optometric Association, 19(1), 53-56.
- Onu, N.U., Timothy, C.O., Amaechi, O.U. & Ogbonna, O.J. (2014). Prevalence of eyelid disorders among geriatrics in a rural community in Abia State, Nigeria. Journal of the Nigerian Optometric Association, 19(1), 61-63.
- Timothy, C.O., Nwankwo, A.A., Onu, N.U. & Onyezewe, C.D. (2014). Effect of Moringa oleifera seed on photostress recovery time (PSRT) of young Nigerian adults. Journal of Nigerian Optometric Association, 19(1), 57-60.
- Nwala, O.R., Ahuama, O.C., Ohiri, M.O., Azuamah, Y.C. & Onu, N.U.et al., (2015). Distribution of presbyopia among civil servants in Aba South Local Government Area, Abia State. The Optometric Educator, 5(1), 8-13.