NAME: OKEREKE OGBENYEALU FLORENCE
RANK: LECTURER I
AREA OF SPECIFICATION: FISHERIES/HYDROBIOLOY/AQUACULTURE
DATE OF BIRTH: 4-09-1952
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS: BSC. ZOOLOG, MSc (UNIPORT), Ph.D, IN VIEW
RESEARCH COOLABORATIONS: BIOLOGY OF SYNODONTIS SPP OF UPPER IMO RIVER
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
CURRENT RESEARCH INTEREST: ASPECTS OF BIOLOGY OF MOCHOKIDAE
- CHUKWUEMEKANIM NWADIARO and F OKEREKE (1993)
Further observations on fish of Otamiri River in South Eastern Nigeria. Arch. Hydrobiology 128 (2) 237-254p.
- AGBABIAKA, L A; OBAJI, C N ANUKAM, K U OKEREKE, F.O. and AKANDI, S O (2004A) Growth Performance of
Hybrid Catfish (Heterobranchus bidorsalis x Clarias
gariephus) fingerlings fed processed Jackbeam (Canavalia
ensiformis) based Proceedings of 38th Annual Conference of Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN) held at College of Agric Lafia Nasarawa State. October, 17th – 21st 2004.
- AGBABIAKA, L A, AKANDE S O; ANUKAM, K U and
OKEREKE, F O (2004B): Status of fish farming in Imo
Proceedings of the 38th Annual Conference of the
Agric Society of Nigeria (ASN) held at College of Agric
Lafia, Nasarawa State. October 17th – 21st 2004.
- AGBABIAKA, L.A, OKEREKE F O., and ESONU, B. O (2000). The effect of Trona treated Jackbean on the growth performance and Nutrient utilization of Catfish (Heterobranchus bidorsalis) findings. International Journal of Agric and Rural Development. Volume 7 (2), 107-1 lip.
- KALU, M K; UMEHAM S N; AND OKEREKE, F O: (2007).
Preliminary Studies of weight and length relationship and condition factors of Clarias gariepinus and Tliapia Zilii of Alau lake and Nonguno Hatchery, Borno State, Nigeria, Accepted for Publication in Animal Research International. Department of Zoology, Nsukka.
- Creative Scientists work deposited in British Museum in
London September, 1987.
- UMEHAM, S. N NWAUGO, V. 0. KALU, M AND OKEREKE F.
(2007) Cationic concentrations of Obiya stream water and
sediment Nkpa, Abia State Nigeria. J.
Biotechnology and Allied Sci. 2(2) 169-172.
- OKAFOR A. I, NWANI, C. and OKEREKE, F.O (2009) The
Frequency of ABO, Rhesus, Secretor Blood groups and
Haemoglobin variants amongst students of Abia State
University Utturu – Nigeria Appl. Bioscp, 35(1) ISSM
- OKAFOR, A.I, NWANI CD and OKEREKE F.O (2009)
Haematological Profile of the African Catfish
(Heterobranchus bidorsalis) (ST GEOFFREY, 1809:
CURIIDAE) Appl. Bioscv, 35 (1) 51-56. ISSN 0379-
- AGBABIAKA, LA; EKEOCHA, C.A., OKEREKE F.O and NWANKWO C.F (2010) (1) Comparative studkon the storage and Organoleptic Qualities of Clarias gariepinus smoked with woods from Pentaclettira macrophylla (Oil Palm tree). Proceedings of the 44th Annual Conference of Agricultural Society of Nigeria ‘LAUTECH’
- EKEOCHA, A. AGBABIAKA, LA. OKEREKE P.O. and NWANKWO C.F. 2011 (2). Status and Prospects of Fish farming in Umuahia North Local Government Area, ABIA SATATE – NIGERIA. Proceedings of the 44th Annual Conference of Agricultural Society of Nigeria ‘LAUTECH’.
- KEOCHA C.A; AGBABIAKA, LA AND OKEREKE F.O (2010) Farming in Umuahia North Local Government Area, Abia Paper Presented at the 24th/25th Annual International Conference/Workshop of Association for Aquatic Science of Nigeria (AASN) held at Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State.
- EKEOCHA C.A AGBABIAKA, L.A AND OKEREKE, (2010) Comprehensive study on the storage and organoleptic Qualities -of Clarias gariepinus smoked with wood from Pentaclettira macrophylla (oil bean) and Elaei’s guineensi’s (Oil palm tree) Paper presented at the 24th /25th Annual International Conference for Aquatic Science of Nigeria (AASN) at Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria.
- AGBABIAKA, L.A and OKEREKE F.O (2010) Study on Feeding habit of Clarid CATFISH Clarias gariepinus Berchell, (1822) in RIVER OTAMIRI South-Eastern Nigeria.
- OKAFOR, A.I, NWANI, C.D and OKEREKE F.O (2011)
Utilization of Lipids during aestivation of the African living fish
Protopterus annectens. J. Environ Biol. Pg 32, 31-34 (2011)
ISSN:0254-870A CODEN: JEBID.P.
- AGBABIAKA, L.A, EKEOCHA, C.A and OKEREKE, F.O Appraising three (3) decades of Aquacultural Development in Imo state and study on feeding habit of Clarias gariepinus Berchell (1822) in RIVER OTAMIRI, South-Eastern Nigeria . These are delivered at the (FISON society of Nigeria ECO 2010).