- Name: Uruakpa, Peter Chinyere, Ph.D
- Rank: Lecturer 1
- Area of Specialization: Investment, Risk and Return Analysis; Financial Market (Money and Capital Markets including Commodity Exchange Market; Mathematics of Finance and Insurance).
- Date of Birth: 1st October, 1967
- Academic Qualification:
B.Sc. (Hons.) 1994
- Research Collaboration: ABSU TET FUND, 2009 – 2012 Sessions
- Awards: Most Students’ Friendly Lecturer 2011/2012 by FIBSA Best Staff Adviser 2013/2014 by NABAFS Award of Excellence by TACSFON
- Professional Bodies: Member, Chartered Institute of Financial and Investment Analysts, Nigeria (2013 – Date).Pastor, The Apostolic Church, Igboland Territory, Amumara Mbaise. Director, Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship, Okigwe Chapter. Staff Adviser, NABAFS, Abia State University, Uturu.Staff Adviser, TACSFON, Abia State University, Uturu.Member, Covenant Service, ABSU, Uturu.
- In line with the current globalization of finance and the need for technological advancement in deepening the financial market, I have developed interest in environmental finance. This is necessary because our environment has been greatly threatened by gas emission, gas flaring, cellophane wastes and sachet water wastes. This paradigm shift will protect the economy from further downward sliding.
- Emeni, F.K. & Uruakpa, P.C. (2010) Capital Market and Economic Development in Nigeria. Knowledge Review, Vol. 21, No.2 Dec. 2010.
- Ugwuegbu, S.U. & Uruakpa, P.C. (2013) The Impact of Capital Formation on Growth of the Nigerian Economy. Research Journal of Finance & Accounting, IISTE vol. 4, No. 9.
- Ugwuegbu, S.U & Uruakpa, P.C. (2013) Impact of Export Trading on Economic Growth of Nigeria. IJEBF Vol. 3 No. 6.
- Ogbulu, O.M. & Uruakpa, P.C (2014) Monetary Policy and Stock Prices in Nigeria: A cointegration and error correction JAMELSS, Vol 1 ABSU TETFUND 09-10-11-12.
- Ogbulu, O.M., Uruakpa, P.C. & Umezinwa, C.L. (2014) The Impact of Bank Fraud on Bank Performance: Empirical Evidence from the Nigerian Banking Sector. Nigerian Journal of Financial Research, University of Port Harcourt, Vol. 9, No. 1, June 2014.
a. Ogbulu, O.M. & Uruakpa, P.C (2014) Banking reforms in Nigeria since independence: a cointegration analysis. Nigerian Journal of Financial Research, University of Port Harcourt, Vol. 9, No. 2, Dec, 2014.
- Emeni, F.K. & Uruakapa, P.C. (2014) Working capital management and Profitability of firms in Nigeria. Journal of the Academy of Management, Nigeria. June, 2014.
- Ogbulu, O.M. Uruakpa, P.C. & Umezinwa, Chizoba L. (2015) Empirical Investigation of the Impact of Deposit Rates on Fund mobilization by deposit money Banks in Nigeria. Journal of Finance & Bank Management, June (2015), Vol. 3 No. 1, 77-81.