Name Okanta Sunday Ukeje,Ph.D
Rank SENIOR LECTURER
Areas of Specialization Public Finance, Development Financing and management;
Small–scale/entrepreneurship Financing and management; Banking Operations
Date of Birth 15th July, 1964
Academic Qualifications B.Sc(MGT)UNN,1986;MBA(BANK/FIN)-Academic,ABSU,1996;
Ph.D(FINANCE),ABSU,2009; ICAN(FOUNDATION),1991;Computer Cert., AIFPU,1995.
Academic Collaborations Abia State University Research & Publication. Dept. PMB 2000 Uturu, Abia State Nigeria, African Heritage Institution, 54 Nza Str. Enugu Nigeria
1. Senior Prefect (1980), Metropolitan Sec. School, Onitsha.
2. 3rd Position, Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM) Young Manages Competition, Eastern Zone 1996.
3. Indisputable Lecturer in banking and Finance, Dept. of banking and Finance, Award by FIBSA, ABSU, 2005/2006.
4. Certificate of Merit By The Society for The Advancement of Business Management (SABM), University of Nigeria, and Enugu Campus Award In Recognition Of Meritorious Services Rendered To SABM as Associate Editor for 1984/85 Academic Session.
5. A Royal Merit Award As A Distinguished Patriot Of Acha/Amachara,By HRH Eze Godwin Iroha Okorie, Igbobi 1 of Amachara Aut. Community Acha, Isuikwuato L.G,A Abia State, Nigeria, 27th Dec. 2014.
Membership of Professional Bodies Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) – Hon. Senior Member (HCIB).
*PUBLISHED ARTICLES IN LEARNED JOURNALS
- AUTHOR: Okanta, S.U. (Ph.D); TITLE: Population Growth and Revenue Allocation in Nigeria; PUBLISHER: Centre For Population Studies, ABSU-Nigeria; PAPER PAGE SIZE: PP.52-62; VOL. 1; YEAR: 2010
- AUTHOR: Dr. Sunday U. Okanta; TITLE: The impact of Public Education Expenditure on Economic Growth in Nigeria (1990-2008): Evidence from Bivariate and Multivariate Regressions; PUBLISHER: Department of Banking Finance, ABSU; JOURNAL NAME: Journal of Finance &Economic Research.; VOL.2, No.1; NUMBER 1; ARTICLE PAGES: pp. 18-35; DATE: March, 2009.
- AUTHOR: Okanta S. U; TITLE: Mobilization of Financial Resources: A Catalyst For industrial Development in Nigeria; PUBLISHER: National Association of Polytechnic Accountancy Students, Dept. of Accountancy, AkanuIbiam Fed. Polytechnic Unwana Chapter; JOURNAL NAME: The Prospective Accountant; VOL. 1; 2ND Edition; ARTICLE PAGE/SIZE: pp.40- 41 DATE: 1998/99
- AUTHOR: Okanta Sunday U. (Ph.D); TITLE: International Remittance Inflows and Banking Sector Development in Less Developed Countries: Evidence from Nigeria.; PUBLISHERS: The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN); NAME OF JOURNAL: Journal of Banking.; VOL. 5; NUMBER 1; PAGE: pp.103 – 122 YEAR: June, 2011.
- AUTHORS: Dr. S.U. Okanta; TITLE: An analysis of Correlation between Central Bank of Nigeria Legal Independence and Monetary Policy of Price stability: 1991-2007 in Focus.; PUBLISHER: Abia State Polytechnic Aba, Nigeria.NAME OF JOURNAL: Abia Poly of Business, Management, Science and Technology.; DATE OF PUBLICATION: October, 2011.;NUMBER 1; VOL .1 & 2 PAGE/SIZE OF ARTICLE: pp.89 – 109
- AUTHORS: Dr. S.U. Okanta and Okonkwo Gladys O. (Mrs.); TITLE: Re-Positioning the Nigerian Banking Sector for Greater Efficiency and Performance: An analytical Approach; PUBLISHERS: Department of Banking and Finance, Federal Polytechnic Oko.; NAME OF JOURNAL: Journal of Banking and Finance.; DATE: September l, 2011.; VOL. 2; NUMBER 1; PAGE/SIZE OF ARTICLE; pp.136 – 152
- AUTHORS: Okanta S. U., Akani H. W and Anyamobi C; TITLE: Empirical Appraisal of the Performance of Nigerian Capital Market; PUBLISHERS Centre for Development Strategies in Africa (CEDSA); JOURNAL NAME: Journal of Business and Economic Research; VOL. 1; NUMBER 3; PAGE/SIZE pp. 302 – 322; DATE: December, 2009
- AUTHORS: Okanta Sunday U Ph.D, Mrs Gladys Okonkwo& Mr Idika J Ekeleme; TITLE Exchange Rate Movement and Economic Growth: The Nigerian Experience; PUBLISHERS: Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, Nigeria; NAME of JOURNAL Abia Polytechnic Journal of Business, Management Science and Technology; VOL. 4; NUMBER 1; PAGE/SIZE: pp. 114- 126
- AUTHORS: Okanta Sunday U Ph.D and Anthony Gods kind Alaegor; TITLE: The Impact of Credit Risk Rating System and Policy Manual on Loan Portfolio Management Development Finance Institutions: The Case of Nigerian Bank of Industry; JOURNAL Journal of Banking; VOL. 8; NUMBER 1; DATE: June, 2014; PAPER PAGE/SIZE: pp.93- 121
- AUTHOR: Okanta Sunday Ukeje Ph.D; TITLE: The New Path to Effective Management Practices in Small-Scale Business in Nigeria: A focus on the Information and Communication Technology(ICT) Sub-Sector; VOL. 2; ISSUE: 3; PUBLISHERS Journal ISSUES Ltd.; NAME of JOURNAL: issues in Business Management and Economics(IBME); PAGE/SIZE: pp. 034- 045
- AUTHORS: Okanta Sunday U Ph.D; TITLE: HealthCare Expenditure and Economic Growth: Evidence from Nigeria; PUBLISHER: The Nigerian College of Accountancy Kwall , Jos; VOL.3; NUMBER: 2; DATE: December, 2014; PAGE/SIZE: pp. 44 – 55
- AUTHORS: Imegi J C and Okanta Sunday U; TITLE: Building Savings and Investment Culture among Nigerians; PUBLISHERS: International Association of African Researchers and Reviewers (IAARR), Bahir Dar, Ethiopia; JOURNAL: African Research Review (AFRREV); VOL. 9; NUMBER: 38; DATE: July, 2015; PAGE/SIZE: pp. 139 – 146.
- AUTHORS: Prof. Hamilton Isu, Dr Paul Ndubuisi, Okanta Sunday U. TITLE: Government Fiscal and Inflation Dynamics in Nigeria. PUBLISHER: Department of Finance and Banking, University of Port Harcourt. JOURNAL: Nigerian Journal of Financial Research (NJOFIR). Vol 10; No 1; ISSN 1599-8051. DATE of PUBLICATION: June, 2015. PAGE: 47.
- AUTHOR: Okanta Sunday U Ph.D. ARTICLE TITLE: An Assessment of the Integrated Accounting Competencies/Skills of Owner-Managers of Small-Scale Firms: A Study of Selected Firms in the South-East, Nigeria (JBE20150831-1). PUBLISHER: Academic Star Publishing Co. NY, USA. JOURNAL: Journal of Business & Economics,JSSN2155-79EO, USA. DATE: June, 2016. VOL. 7, No. 6. PAGES: 955-966. http://www.academicstar.us
CHAPTERS IN REFERRED UNIVERSITY/RESEARCH BOOKS
- AUTHOR: Okanta Sunday U Ph.D; CHAPTER TITLE: Banking System of Belgium; CHAPTER 4; CHAPTER PAGE: pp. 44 –54; BOOK TITLE: International Comparative Banking First Edition BOOK SIZE: 198; EDITORS: Basil U.Onwe Ph.D and Friday E. Nkwede; YEAR of PUBLICATION: 2015; PUBLISHERS: End Point Publishers Ltd. Abakaliki, Nigeria ISBN: 978-978-68682-7-5.
- AUTHOR: Okanta, Sunday U; TITLE: Capital Budgeting and Project Analysis; CHAPTER: 17 CHAPTER PAGES: pp. 259-282; BOOK TITLE: Foundations of Finance and Financial Management; BOOK SIZE: 576; EDITOR: Onuoha B.C.; YEAR OF PUBLICATION: 1997; PUBLISHERS: Educational Books and Investment LTD., Port Harcourt; ISBN: 978-33868-2-4
- AUTHOR: Okanta Sunday U; CHAPTER TILE: The Role of Computes in Small Business; CHAPTER: 26; CHAPTER PAGES: pp.583-599; EDITOR: B.C. Onuoha; BOOK TITLE: Small Business Management/Entrepreneurship; BOOK SIZE: 619; YEAR OF PUBLICATION: 1998; PUBLISHERS: Afritowers Ltd, Aba.
- AUTHOR: Okanta, Sunday U; BOOKTITLE: Finance Introductory Concepts; BOOK PAGE SIZE: 145; BOOK PUBLISHER: Willy Rose and Appleseed Publishing Co. Abakaliki; ISBN: 975-36423-5-9; YEAR: 2002
- AUTHOR: Okanta Sunday U; BOOK REVISED: Finance: Introductory Concepts, 1st Revision; BOOK PAGES: 150; YEARS: 2011; ISBN: 978-045-431-4
- AUTHORS: Okanta, Sunday U. And Ezeorah, Ezekiel U; BOOK TITLE: Computer System: Principles and Application; BOOK PAGE: 254; BOOK PUBLISHER: Hudson-Jude Nig, Owerri ISBN: 978-2596-09-4; YEAR: 2003
- AUTHOR: Dr Okanta S. U; BOOK TITLE: Entrepreneurial Spirit: A Role Model – Dr Uchechukwu S. Ogah; BOOK PAGES: 102; BOOK PUBLISHER: Triumph Busy Prints Ltd. Lagos; ISBN: 978-978-938-872-1; YEAR: 2014
Indexed/Listed in:CrossRef, Ulrichsweb, Google Scholar, ResearchGate
Contact Address Okanta Sunday Ukeje Ph.D
Dept. of Banking & Finance
Abia State University, Uturu, Nigeria
Phone Number: +2348065733343