Name: OTI, Evaristus Osita
Rank: Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization: Demography, Medical Sociology and Social Statistics
Date of Birth: 2nd April, 1965
QUALIFICATIONS AND SCHOOLS ATTENDED WITH DATES
- First school Leaving Certificate (Ihube Group School, Okigwe, Imo State, Nigeria.1973-1979)
- West African School Certificate, 0-level (Boys High School, Ihube, Okigwe, Imo State, Nigeria. 1979-1984)
- B. Sc (Hons) Second Class Upper Division, (Sociology/Anthropology University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria. 1987-1991)
- M.Sc, Industrial Relations and Personnel Management (University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria. 1993-1995)
- M.Sc, Demography (University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. 2004-2005).
- Ph.D Demography (University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria, 2015).
- Abia State University, Uturu Students’ Census Exercise
- Research on Herdsmen and Host Communities Relations in Enugu and Abia State
- Lecturers’ Truancy and Academic Performance of Students in Imo and Abia States
- Merit Award for Selfless Service by Humanities and Social sciences Students’ Association (HUMSSA, 2013/2014 Session)
- Award of Excellence as an Academic Pillar by Nigerian Sociological and Anthropological Students Association (NSASA, ABSU Chapter)
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
- Member, Chattered Institute of Personnel Management, 1996
- Associate, Nigerian Institute of Management. 1994
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Industrial Relations, 1995
- Member, Nigerian Anthropological and Sociological Association, 2011
CURRENT RESEARCH INTEREST:
My key areas of research interest include: Fertility Behaviour, HIV/AIDS, Gender Issues.
PUBLICATIONS: ARTICLES IN LEARNED JOURNALS
- Oti, E.O.(2010).The Socio-Cultural Context of Fertility Behaviour Among People Living with HIV/AIDS In Nigeria, Abia Journal of Population Studies, 1(1):20-28.
- Oti, E, 0, (2010). Sex education and adolescent sexuality in Nigeria, Journal of Nigerian Society for Psychical Research,2(l)\ 19 1-20 1 .
- Oti, E.G.(2011).Spousal communication and reproductive health outcomes among males in Okigwe, The ABSU Journal of Sociology \(\}\2S2 –268.
- Oti, E.O.& Mbah, S.C.(2015). Ethnicity and census-taking in Nigeria: challenges and prospects, Abia Journal of Population Studies,2(l}\l –10.
- Mba, C.S.& Oti, E.0.(2015).Patriarchy and women’s political leadership position in Nigeria: issues, challenges and prospects, The Nigerian Journal of Sociology and Anthropology, 15(1): 13-33.
- Oti, E.G. & Nweke, J.0.(2016).Contraceptive behaviour among people living with HIV/AIDS in selected states of southeastern Nigeria, Transylvanian Review, 24(8):1196-1207.
- Nweke, J.O. &Oti, E.G. (2016). Assessment of utilization of maternal healthcare provisions in Orunba North Local Government Area of Anambra State, Nigeria, European Journal of Social Sciences, 52(2):142-150.
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH WORKS (BOOKS)
- Oti, E,0(1998). The statics and dynamics in human societies, Lagos, Solid -Edge Associates. pp!47
- Oti, E.O.(1998,2003).P/5<x*/rse5 in Sociology, Lagos, Solid-Edge Associates. Pp232
- Od, E.0.(1999,2005).Nigerian peoples and’cultures, Lagos, Solid-Edge Associates. Pp 145
- Oti E.0.(2004).Industrial Sociology and Sociology of the Third World, Okigwe, Whytem Publishers, Nigeria. Pp217,
- Oti, E.O(2010). Introduction to sociological studies, Enugu, Adkonzult Publishers, Nigeria Ppl71
- Oti, E.G. (2Q11). Culture and language, Enugu, Adkonzult Publishers, Nigeria. Ppl41
CHAPTERS IN REFERRED UNIVERSITY/RESEARCH BOOKS
- Oti, E.O.(2001).Deviance and Social Control in Nigeria, Readings in Citizenship Education II, Njoku, D (ed) Enugu, John Jacobs Classic Publishers Ltd. pp 14-25.
- Okereke, 0.0. & Oti, E.0.(2001). Citizenship Education: the fundamental issues Okereke, O.O.(ed).Readings in Citizenship education I, Uturu, Abia State University, Press, pp 1 -20.
- Oti, E.O.(2005).The Principles and Practice of Grassroots Democracy in Nigeria, Readings in Citizenship Education II, Njoku, D and Nwizu, G.(eds), Okigwe, Whytem Publishers Nigeria.pp57-71.
- Oti, E.0.(2005).Prostitution among Students, Readings in Citizenship Education II, Njoku, D and Nwizu G.C.(eds),Okigwe, Whytem Publishers Nigeria, Pp 108-118.
- Oti, E.G. (2013). Political socialization in Nigeria, Nwizu, G.C. (ed). Citizenship Education: a socio political development in Nigeria, Okigwe, Whytem Publishers.ppl02-lll.
- Oti, E. 0. (2014). Indigenous Yoruba religion, Osuagwu, C. E.(ed), Nigerian peoples and Culture, Okigwe, Whytem Publishers Nigeria.pp!55-170.