Name: Dr. Eze Michael Ukwuoma
Contact Address: Department of Estate Management Abia State University, Uturu
Tel: 08033610755 / 08142807266
- EDUCATIONAL DATA
Institution of Management and Technology Enugu 1973-1975
University of Nigeria 1976-1980
Abia State University 2004-2005
Abia State University 2007-2011
- ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
National Diploma (Civil Building Engineer) 1975
B.Sc. Estate Management (Upper Division) 1980
Associate Diploma NIESV 1983
RSV. Estate Management 1983
M.Sc. Estate Management 2006
Ph.D Estate Management 2011
- ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
Co-ordinator, School of Environmental Studies, 1998 – 1999
Head of Department of Estate Management, 1986 – 1988
Head of Department Estate Management ABSU, 2002 – 2005
Head of Department Estate Management ABSU 2010 to date
- Previous Working Experience
Assistant Accounts Clerk – Mandilas, Lagos 1972,
Assistant Technical Officer, Federal Min of Works Housing 1972- 1976.
Branch Manager Odudu & Co Estate Surveyors and Valuers, 1982 – 1984.
- UNIVERSITY AND PUBLIC SERVICE APPOINTMENTS
- Member of Registration Board 1988 – 1991 and 2003 – 2005
- Member of Accreditation committee for the following institutions:-
Enugu State University of Science & Technology
University of Nigeria Nsukka
Abia State University Uturu
Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State
Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi Edo State
University of Calabar
Rivers State University of Science & Technology
Imo State University, Owerri.
- Social Life/Extra Curricula Activities
Secretary, Ekwulobia Students Union. 1976 – 1077
President, Ekwulobia Students Union 1977 – 1978
Secretary General Ekwulobia Town Union 1984
Secretary, Igwe’s Cabinet 1987 – 1989
Regency Secretary 2000 – 2006.
Secretary Ekwulobia Graduates Association, 1980
President General of Ekwulobia Town Union 2006 – 2010
Chairman Association of President Generals Aguata L.G.A. of Anambra State 2008 – 2012.
He is a Knight of St Christopher, Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion.
- TEACHING EXPERINCE
Lecturer II, ABSU 1984 – 1989
Lecturer I, ABSU 1989 – 1992
Senior Lecturer ABSU 1992 to date
Member Nigeria Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers
Registered Estate Surveyor & Valuer
Member International Real Estate Federation
Member Rating Valuers Association of London
Member American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association.
Federal Merit Award (academic) 1978 – 1980.
Member of Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria. 1987 – 1998
(a) Chairman Professional Practice Committee
(b) Member Education Committee.
- COURSES TAUGHT IN THE UNIVERSITY
A. Undergraduate Level
* Property Management
* Facility Management
* Feasibility and Viability Appraisal
* Taxation and Rating
* Land Policy
* Land Use and Resources
* Building materials
* Property Maintenance
B. Post Graduate Level
Contemporary Land Policy
C. Post Graduate Supervision
Successfully Supervised fifteen(15) Post Graduate Diploma, Six(6) M.Sc. and One(1) Ph.D. Graduate Students in Estate Management
Currently supervising Ten(10) Post Graduate Diploma, Four(4) M.Sc. and co-supervising two(2) Ph.D. Estate Management Students.
- Principles of Estate Agency 1999
- Aspects of Estate Management 2005
- Elements of Building Materials 2005
- Facility Manager 2013
- Real Estate Management 2015
B. BOOK CHAPTERS
- Eze, M.U. (1998) – Prospects and Problems of Tourism Development in Nigeria: In Arunsi. U Ibiam and George N. Chima (ed) Sustainable Environment and Development in Nigeria, Okigwe, whytem Press. (P220 – 225).
- Eze, M. U. (1998). Effects of Noise Pollution on Human Health and Residential Property values; In Nigerian Urban Environments, In Arunsi S. Ibiam and G. N. Chima (ed) Op. cit. (P 137 – 141).
- Eze, M. U. (1992) Agriculture in Nigeria Under SAP: Focus on Anambra State; In Aham Anyanwu (ed) Owerri, ABIC Publishers (P 345 – 351).
- Eze, M. U. et.al (1986) Environmental Survey of Isuikwuato – Okigwe Region; Okigwe Imo State Uni. Press.
- Eze, M. U. (2010) Environmental Issues Confronting Rural Women. In G.N. Chima and A. I. Kalu (ed) Contemporary Issues in Environmental Science. Uturu Abia State University Press.
- Eze, M. U. et al (2013) Assessment of Maintenance Management Value of Public Recreational Properties in Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Science, 15 (3).
- Eze, M. U. et al. (2012) Revitalization of Failed Housing Projects in Imo State. Government Strategies and Effects Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology 19(3).
- Eze, M. U. (2008). Environmental Issues Confronting Rural Women. POFSA Journal of Arts, Science and Technology Vol. 3.
- Eze, M.U. (1988) The Problems of Rural Small Scale Industries in Anambra State. Proceedings of Second Annual Seminar on Rural Development. In, M.U. Igbozurike (ed) Imo State University, Okigwe, October, (P90 – 95).
- Eze, M. U. (2009) Reduction of Global Conflicts: A Retrospective Analysis of Mercenary Involvement in Nigeria – Biafra War (1967 – 1970) POFSA Journal of Arts, Science and Technology. Vol iv.
- Eze M. U. et al (2011) GIS Analysis for Maping Gully Erosion Impacts on the Geo-formation of old Imo State Nigeria. ABSU Journal of Environmental Science and Technology Vol. (48 – 61) www.absujest.com tetfund.
- Eze M. U. et al (2011) University Management Dynamics: Issues of e-Admnistration and the User Communities Perceptive in Nigeria ABSU Journal of Environmental Science and Technology vol I (14-24). Tetfund www.absujest.com.
- Eze, M.U. et. al . (2013) Poverty and Sustainable Development: A Review African Journal of Sciences. 14(1), 2013 – 3240.
- Eze M.U. et. al. (2013) Impact of Labour Constraints on Real Property Development in Nigeria. World Journal of Bio technology 14(2) 2135 – 2140.
- Eze, M.U. et. al (2013) Land Price To Hostel Rent model: A Precursor to Investor’s Rent Performance Assessment at Futophima, Nigeria. World Journal of Biotechnology 14(2) 2183 – 2193.
- Eze M. U. (2014) Land Use Act and Urban Housing Crisis in Nigerian Journal of the Nigeria Institution of Estate Surveyors & Valuers vol. 39 No. 1, (99 – 103)
PUBLISHED CONFERENCE PAPERS.
Eze, M.U. (1988). The Problems of Rural Small scale Industries in Anambra State. Proceedings of Second Annual Seminar on Rural Development. In, U. M. Igbozuruike (ed) Imo State University, Okigwe, October, (P 90 – 95).
Eze, M. U. (1990). “Curbing the Risk of Petroleum Exploration and Exploitation on the Nigerian Environment” Paper Delivered at 2nd International Conference on Risk Management
Eze, M. U. (1990) Indigenous Technology: A Vehicle for Economic Growth and Development. Paper Delivered at National Conference on the Effective Utilization of Engineering for Accelerated Rural Development; Faculty of Engineering University of Nigeria. Nsuka.
Eze M.U. (1990) Advancement in Farm Technology as a vehicle for Rural Development. In U.M. Igbozuruike et.al (eds) Empiricism in Rural Development. Karto press, Owerri (P166 -1 70).
Eze, M.U. (1991). The contributions of Nigerian Cement Company, Nkalagu, Towards Physical and Socio-Economic Development of Nkalagu and Environs. In U. M. Igbolike, et. al (eds) Cooperate Role of Rural Development. Owerri Kartopress, pp. 159 – 163.
Eze M.U. (1992) “Standardization of Real Estate Valuations” Proceedings of National Workshop on Bridging the Gap Between Real Estate Practice Academia Organized by Department of Estate Management University of Nigeria. Enugu Campus.
Eze. M.U. (1992) Public Health Department and the Ecological Balance in Rural Areas of Nigeria. Proceedings of Sixth Annual National Conference on Rural Development; Abia State University, Uturu.
Eze, M. U. (1992). “The Role of Community Leaders in Health and Sanitation Programme in Rural Nigeria, Proceedings of six National annual Seminar on Rural Development; In U. M. Igbolike et.al (ed) Okigwe.
Eze, M. U. (2008). “Land Policy as an Instruments for Sustainable Economic Development in Nigeria” Paper Presented at the 3rd South-East Zonal Conference of the Nigerian Political Science Association, Federal Polytechnic, Oko. September 27th – 30th.
Eze, M. U. (2010) “Land Policy as an Instruments for Sustainable Economic Development in Nigeria” Paper Presented at the 3rd South-East Zonal Conference of the Nigerian Political Science Association, Federal Polytechnic, Oko September 27th – 30th.
Eze, M. U. (2013) The Application of Information and Communications Technology in Property-Tax Administration in Nigeria: Paper Presented at the CPD of Abia State Branch of Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors & Vlauers, March 16th.
Eze, M. U. (2013). The Challenges Faced by the Estate Surveyor and Valuer in Marketing of an Interest in Real Property. Lead Paper Presented at CPD of Anambra State Branch of Nigerian Institution of Estate Branch of Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyor and Valuers, November, 29th.