Name: Unagha, Amanze Onyebochi, Ph.D cln, mnla, mnalise
Date & Place of Birth: 22nd June 1965
Area of Specialization: Knowledge Organization and ICTs in Libraries
Contact Address: Department of Library & Information Science,MJC Echeruo Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, Abia State University, P.M.B.2000, Uturu
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 08037799700
Academic/Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) 1976
- West African School Certificate (WASC) 1981
- Bachelor of Library Studies (BLS) 1993
- PGD, Computer Appreciation & General Computing 1995
- Master of Library Studies (MLS) 1999
- Ph.D, Library & Information Science 2008
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2004) Agwa in Perspective (Oral Literature) Lagos: Gifas & Associates.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2008) Information Systems and Structure: computers, computing and networking. PortHarcourt: DLAXO Publishers.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2010) Knowledge Organization and Information Retrieval. Okigwe: Whytem publishers.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2011) Online Bibliographic Search and Information Literacy. Owerri: ODESAA Publishers.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2011) Information and Communication Technologies: an introductory text. Owerri: ODESAA Publishers.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2011) Organization and Management of Information Systems. Enugu: Ernesco Publications.
- Unagha, Amanze O. and Unegbu C. Magnus (2015) Principles of Knowledge Management. Owerri: Sharp Print Production.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2005) Internet Connectivity: the Implications for Research in Nigerian Universities. Abia Journal of the Humanities and Social Sciences 2(1), pp.58-69.
- Unagha, Amanze Onyebochi (2005) Prospects and Problems of the Establishment of Local Government Libraries in Nigeria. The Librarian and Information Manager 2(1). Pp.27-44.
- Unagha, Amanze O. and Okon, Henry (2006) Sources of Information on New Economic Partnership for African Development (NEPAD). Library Philosophy and Practice 8(2) Online: libr.unl.edu.2000/LPP/lppv8n2.htm.
- Unagha, A.O. (2006) Towards an Information and Communication Technology-conscious Nigerian Society. The Research Librarian 1(1), pp.70-84.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2006) The Information Needs and Seeking Behaviour of Nursing Mothers in Aba Metropolis: the Case of Abia State University Teaching Hospital (ABSUTH) Clients. African Journal of Education and Information Management 8(2), pp.41-49.
- Uhegbu, Augonus Nnamdi & Unagha, Amanze (2007) Enhancing Quality of Public Library Services in Nigeria through Public-Private Partnership Initiative. Coal City Libraries 5 & 6, April & October, Pp. 76-81.
- Unagha, Amanze Onyebochi (2008) Implementing Universal Basic Education (UBE) through the Strategic Provision of School Library Services. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). Available at http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~mbolin/amanze.htm
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2008) Socio-Economic Variables and Students’ Choice of Library and Information Science In the Universities in South-East and South Zones of Nigeria. Trends in Information Management 4(2), pp.168-181.
- Uhegbu, Augonus Nnamdi & Unagha, Amanze (2008) Stadardization of Library and Information Science Curriculum in Library and Information Science Schools in Nigeria. The Research Librarian, No. 3, May.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2009) Nigerian University Libraries and the Challenges of Users’ Service Demands in the 21st Century: What University Administrators Should Know. South African Journal of Library and Information Science 75 (2).
- Unagha, O. Amanze (2009) Personal Characteristics of Reference Librarians and Users’ Ability to Retrieve Information in the Imo State Public Library Services, Owerri, Nigeria. Pearl: A Journal of Library and Information Science 3(4).
- Unagha, A. O. and Ibenne, S. K. (2010) Rebranding Nigeria Through Strategic Library Services. Journal of Library Philosophy and Practice. Online at http//unlib.unl.edu/LPP/amanze-ibenne.htm.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2010) Public Library Participation in the National Fadama Development Project (NFDP) in Nigeria. Trends in Information Management (TRIM) 6(1), Pp. 17-27.
- Chimah, J. N., Unagha, A. O. and Nwokocha, U. (2010) Information Retrieval in libraries and information centres: concepts, challenges and search strategies. Journal of Applied Information Science and Technology, 3: 20-24.
- Unagha, A. O. and Ibenne, S. K. (2011) Obstacles to Provision and Use of Development Information in Rural Communities in Nigeria. Journal of Library Philosophy and Practice. Online at http//unlib.unl.edu/LPP/amanze-ibenne.htm.
- Nkem Ekene Osuigwe & Amanze Unagha (2011) Public libraries and E- government in Nigeria. The Information Manager 11(1&2): 71-78.
- Unagha, Amanze and Oliver Ugocha (2012) Information and Communication (ICT) Skills for Human Resources Development in Nigerian University Libraries. Library and Information Science Digest 6, Pp. 91-97.
- Amogu, Uma Kalu and Amanze O. Unagha (2013) Electronic Publishing: issues, opportunities and threats. Middlebelt Journal of Library and Information Science 11(1): 164-172.
- Moses C. Nwosu and Amanze Unagha (2014) Aliteracy: Changing Tide in the Reading Culture of Students in Nigerian Secondary Schools. International Journal of Innovative Research in Engineering and Science 3(12): 24-36.
- N. Igwe, U. O. Ugwuogu, A. O. Unagha, C. O. Nnadozie and J. A. Ijiebor (2014) Library and Information Science and the Quest for Relevance in the Digital Knowledge Economy. Ebonyi Journal of Library and Information Science 1(1): 224-240.
- Samuel K. Ibenne, Oliver Ugocha and Amanze Unagha (2014)) Information and Communications Technology in Libraries and Information Centres: Retrospect and Prospects. The Research Librarian 8(1): 57-69.
- Unagha, Amanze O., Samuel K. Ibenne and Okechukwu Ogwo (2014) In-house Communication Patterns and Individual Perceptions as Correlates of Productivity and Job Satisfaction among Staff of Federal Ministry of Information and Communication, Abuja. The Research Librarian 8(1): 151-163.
- N. Uhegbu, A.. O. Unagha and Nkem Osuigwe (2014) Influence of Query on Attitude to Work and Job Performance of Librarians in Public and Academic Libraries in South-East Geo-Political Zone of Nigeria. Abia Journal of the Humanities and Social Sciences 6(1): 1-12.
- Amanze O. Unagha and Cajetan U. Anumkua (2015) The Extent Use of School Library Resources in Selected Secondary Schools in Owerri Zone, Imo State. Alvana Journal of Library and Information Technology 1(1): 17-26.
- Cajetan U. Anumkua and Amanze O. Unagha (2015) Factors Affecting the Services of Imo State Public Library In the Development of Imo State. Alvana Journal of Library and Information Technology 1(1): 55-65.
- Amogu, U.K., Unagha, A.O. and Samuel M.C. (2015) Driving the Knowledge Society Through Proper Documentation of Academic Research and Scholarly Publications. Information Trends, 12, pp. 1-11.
- Amagu, U. Kalu, Esther D.J. Okai and Amanze O. Unagha (2015) Public Library Patronage and the Strategies to bring back the user. The case of Umuahia Public Libraries, Abia State, Nigeria. Ebonyi Journal of Library & Information. Science, 2(1): 149-158.
- Unagha, A.O. (2000) Practical Approaches to the Use of the Library In J.O.J Nwachukwu-Agbada (ed) Use of English for Tertiary Education. Enugu: John Jacob’s, pp329-368.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2001) Cultism on Nigerian Campuses In Davidson Njoku (ed.) Readings in Citizenship Education II. Enugu: John Jacob’s, pp.80-92.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2001) Unemployment Among Nigerian Graduates In Davidson Njoku (ed.) Readings in Citizenship Education II. Enugu: John Jacob’s, pp.105-118.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2002) Traditional Modes of Communication in Nigeria: the Igbo Experience In J.O. Onwuka (ed) Nigerian Peoples and Culture: Historical and Contemporary Discourse. Enugu: Echrisi, pp.269-279.
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2010) Information Retrieval and Search Strategies in Libraries In Udo Nwokocha (ed.) Modern Approach to Use of the Library. Owerri: Liu House of Excellence Ventures, Pp. 14-31.
- Unagha, Amanze O. & Amanze–Unagha, Blessing (2012) “Facebook as a Social Marketing Tool in Nigerian University Library Services” In Justin I. Onuoha & Scholastica N. Ezeribe (eds) Issues in Contemporary Social Discourse. Owerri: Liu House of Excellence Ventures, Pp. 244-254.
- Uzoma, A. C. David & Unagha, Amanze O. (2012) “Moral and ethical questions in the practice of librarianship in Nigeria” In A.N. Uhegbu, Udo Nwokocha & A.O. Unagha (eds) Readings in Library and Information Science. Owerri: Odesaa Publishers, pp. 1-33.
- Unagha, Amanze O. & Amanze-Unagha, Blessing (2012) “Contending factors against effective information services provision in rural communities in Nigeria” In A.N. Uhegbu, Udo Nwokocha & A.O. Unagha (eds) Readings in Library and Information Science. Owerri: Odesaa Publishers, pp. 166-182.
- C. Nwosu and A. O. Unagha (2014) Information brokerage business In A. O. Issa, C. P. Uzuegbu and M. C. Nwosu (eds) Entrepreneurship studies and practices in library and information science. Umuahia: zeh Communications. pp. 219-232.
- Amanze, O. Unagha (2015) “Funding Library Public Relations” In Basil O. Edom and Chuma O. Nnadozie (eds) Elements of Library Public Relations. Owerri: Springfied. pp:104-115.
- Kingsley N. Igwe, Chuma O. Nnadozie and Amanze O. Unagha (2015) “Nature of Knowledge and the Knowledge Economy” InN. Igwe, C.O. Nnadozie, A.O. Unagha, C.P. Uzuegbu and M.M. Naga (eds) Fundamentals of Knowledge Management for the Knowledge Economy. Lagos: Zeh Communications, pp. 1-18.
14. Udo Nwokocha, Amanze O. Unagha, Kingsley N. Igwe and Beatrice E. Ewa-Otu (2015) “Exploring the Knowledge Management Imperatives in the Knowledge Economy” InN. Igwe, C.O. Nnadozie, A.O. Unagha, C.P. Uzuegbu and M.M. Naga (eds) Fundamentals of Knowledge Management for the Knowledge Economy. Lagos: Zeh Communications, pp. 52-67.
- Amanze O. Unagha, Pearl C. Akanwa and Blessing Amanze-Unagha (2015) “E-government and Knowledge Management in the Knowledge Society” In N. Igwe, C.O. Nnadozie, A.O. Unagha, C.P. Uzuegbu and M.M. Naga (eds) Fundamentals of Knowledge Management for the Knowledge Economy. Lagos: Zeh Communications, pp. 262-269.
Paper Presented at Conferences and Published
- Unagha, Amanze O. (2011) Nigerian Libraries in Nigeria’s New Information Society. Awka: De Don Enterprises, Pp. 1-10.
- Udo Nwokocha, CPC Onwubiko and A. O. Unagha (2014) Trends, Challenges and Future of Library and Information Science Educations in Nigeria. Umuahia: Zeh Communication, pp. 163-181.
- Unagha, Amanze O., Uhegbu, Augonus N and Nwabueze Nwoko (2014) The Quagmire of a Regulatory Professional Body: The Case of Librarians’ Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN). Umuahia: Zeh Communications, pp. 195-205.
- Moses C. Nwosu, Chuman Nnadozie, Kingsley Igwe and Amanze Unagha (2016) Exploring the New Learning Environment in the 21st Century Nigerian University Education. Ibadan: University Press, pp. 3-14.
Membership of Professional Associations
- Nigerian Library Association (NLA)
- Nigerian Association of Library and Information Science Educators (NALISE)
- Best graduating student, Department of Library and Information Science, Absu, 1993/1994 set
- Merit Award by Agwa Students Association as an academic icon for relentless contributions to the community and society at large. 30th 2007.
- Merit Award by National Association of Imo State Students, ABU chapter for Patriotic support to humanity, 6th July, 2013.
- Merit Award by HUMSSA for selfless service, 9th May 2014.
- Merit Award by Christian Youth Fellowship Church of God Mission Okigwe Province. 8th June, 2014.
- Merit Award by NALISS, ABSU, 22nd September 2014.
- Merit Award by SUG (IDEA) ABSU for esteemed support towards the students’ welfare.
- Merit Award by SUG ABSU as Ambassador of peace in recognition to your outstanding support and service to SUG, ABSU 29th January, 2016.
Publications: links for online publications
Current Research Interest
New Media Application to Library Services in Nigeria